Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Sunday, January 3, 2016

Bittersweet Holidays

I know I haven't been around. My grandfather passed on December 19th. And Tinkerbell gave birth to a baby girl just last night. She's courageous. Looking at her circumstances logically, she picked a wonderful family for little Bella.

Every time the nurse announced how much she had dilated, I watched my daughter come to terms with how much closer she was to giving up a baby that she carried for 9 months to someone else. Mental anguish would wash over her face. Each centimeter-increase was met with a gut wretching howl. 

There was a definite connection between the adoptive mom and my daughter. They held hands almost the entire time of the labor process. It really touched me how she understood and cried with Tinkerbell.

It was beautifully bittersweet.

Hopefully, I'll get back to normal soon.

Hugs and chocolate,

Shelly


17 comments:

  1. What a truly bittersweet holiday.
    But what a strong Mum to have made that choice.
    My heart goes out to you, mum and the new mum.
    What a beautiful baby. Take courage.

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry your daughter had to give up her baby. How very sad. I hope 2016 will be better for her and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope 2016 will be a good year for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does take courage. I couldn't have done it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watching the emotions wash over my daughter's face got to me. There was an internal war going on inside. Not just labor pains.

      Delete
  5. It does sound like she's made the right decision, as tough as it is. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about a heavy load. God be with you and he is. Sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry Shelly. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry Shelly. Many hugs to you and to your daughter. I can't imagine how hard it was for her to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.