Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Insecure Writer's Group #1

I have now officially enlisted this blog into Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Group. My two fur-peeps, Sir Poops and Hair Ball used to write about insecurities, gave tips, and encouragement on Two Fur Peeps and a Writer. But they've since retired.

Sir Poops just isn't the same anymore, and Hair Ball finds it depressing and overwhelming to have to handle the blog by himself. So here I am. It's my job again.

Like I said in the first paragraph, this group is to discuss our insecurities, even give tips, and encourage one another.

My first insecurity right now is this:

I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DOWNLOAD A PIC INTO THIS POST. You know the badge thingie that signifies that this is an Insecure Writer's post.

In August, I downloaded Windows 10. Well ... I had to pay for what it messed up in my computer. I can't even remember what it screwed up now (by the way I turned 50 last week- the memory issue could be my age). But I definitely recall taking my computer into a shop and paying a seventy-three dollar fee.

And right now, I can't print and I can't download pictures from my folders. I thought I had it figured out a couple of weeks ago because all I had to do was click on some do-hickey up in the right hand corner. But it has since disappeared. I am so moronic sometimes when it comes to technology.

It really makes me more NUTS than insecure to be honest.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

29 comments:

  1. Very strange... would it work if you did pic downloads and such from something like a library computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably would. But time is always of the essence with me, Sir Wills. I'm juggling so much stuff at the moment. A trip to the library would be one more thing to HAVE to do.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry Windows 10 messed you up! That's why I am still waiting for all bugs to be removed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the badge on the right side of the page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I can download a badge but nothing into my blog post.

      Delete
  4. I'm a Wordpress user, but if you already have the IWSG image in your sidebar, you should have it in a file. When writing a post, do you see options for 'insert image'? If so, it should allow you to upload the pic or insert a copy from your file. I'm sure Blogspot has some sort of help desk you can contact.

    Happy belated birthday! I just turned 50 myself in August. Good luck with your photo and Windows 10 issues. Eva, #IWSG Co-host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried all that. But it gets stuck. And thank you for the birthday wish.

      Delete
  5. I am not able to download any of the "Badges" either.
    Happy Birthday !
    50 ? your still a youngun' ! So Lucky.
    Let there be cake.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wish. At least I can download something into the landscape.

      Delete
  6. I hate it when everything goes wrong because then I feel like giving up. Blogger has been my enemy lately. Such a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that every time Google makes a change they muck up something for someone.

      Delete
  7. Go to Alex's webpage and click on the badge, it'll ask what you want to do. Save image as, then choose your desktop from the options. Then when you create next month's IWSG post, one of the options at the top of the blogspot window is an icon of a photo. Click that, then choose the IWSG badge from your desktop. Hope that makes sense. Trust me, if I can do this, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wait until you realize that under the terms of the license agreement, by putting the "IWSG" pic on your blog you turn over all rights and ownership of the post to Alex, and one of these days he's going to come looking to claim it...

    IWSG October

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is why I haven't downloaded windows 10. Not to mention my laptop is a million years old and despite it saying it's "compatible" I know it's going to crash it and I need my laptop. My Other downloaded it and he's been having endless problems with itunes now. It's ridiculous.

    Anyway, I wish I could help! :(

    - Madilyn Quinn @ NovelBrews

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're the second blogger today to mention issues with Windows 10. Sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry you are having problems with Windows 10. I downloaded it and have had no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I keep getting the message that I need to download Windows 10 and have been putting it off just because I feel sure this is just what will happen to me. I'm sorry you've had so much trouble!
    Give my love and hugs to Sir Poops and Hairball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people seem to have no problem while others do. Not fun.

      Anyway, I will give the boys some hugs for you. Sir Poops is getting slower everyday.

      Delete
  13. Sometimes technology has left me sobbing in frustration and clench-pulling the hair on my head, so I totally get your frustration. I can't help you with Windows 10 because I have a mac. Is there some tech-savvy high schooler who could help you? Nieces and nephews have often helped me out. I've had a great Wednesday flying home to Colorado from British Columbia. I hope your day was great too! Good luck with your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know nothing about Windows 10 or I'd try to help. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry, Shelly.... I am a Macbook guy, I hope you work it out soon....

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.