Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Friday, July 4, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things

It's another Friday to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit, over at Scribblings of an Inspiring Author.

First, Happy Fourth! I celebrate our freedom to speech, thought, expression, and the written word.

Secondly, I want to thank everyone who visited my Monday post who left kind words. Many apologies though, I haven't had time to comment or visit anyone the last few days.

It looks as if Sir Poops will be spending his fourth in front of the sliding door, taking in the sights and sounds. While he's never enjoyed being outdoors, he loves to watch it all through a window. He hates the feel of any grass and doesn't care much for hot pavement.


Sweetman and I will make sure he gets what he loves before he leaves us. But not chocolate. Hopefully, God will give him a bowl full when he gets to heaven. I'm pretty sure it won't be poisonous to fur-peeps in heaven.

Have a lovely Fourth with your families, friends, and pets. Take time to rest, too. 

Happy Shabbats if you practice!

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure he will be spoiled rotten until the end.
    Enjoy your Fourth, Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we are. He's even done his happy-foodie-dance this morning.

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing the holiday won't be happy for you, but try to enjoy every minute with Sir Poops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He spent some of it on the sofa watching his shows and some in front of the sliding door. I know he'll be watching fireworks later. He enjoys them.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about Sir Poops. I hope you and your family and he can enjoy the Fourth in some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori. Hope your fourth was a great one as well.

      Delete
  4. Hopefully you have been relaxed and rested by this lovely day. Happy July 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. It was peaceful. Hope yours was great.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. We did. Thank you. And so did Sir Poops and Hair Ball.

      Delete
  6. Hi Shelly,

    Soothing thoughts for Sir Poops. May your Fourth of July be a peaceful, hopeful one.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary, I do believe he feels your soothing thoughts. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. I hope he's getting plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad news about Sir Poops but glad to see he's really getting to enjoy all the things he loves. Enjoy your time with him and I hope despite everything you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelley--enjoy every minute you have left with your furbaby. Sounds like you have a very special bond. I hope he goes to heaven peacefully...where I'm sure he'll be waiting for you one day. Hugs to you!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about Sir Poops. I'm sure that you're making him as comfortable as possible. Try to take care of yourself too, Shelly.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.