Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Friday, July 25, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things: Hatefulness

Today is another Friday to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit, over at Scribblings of an Inspiring Author.

Before I celebrate, let's talk about the word hate. Per the On-line Dictionary, it means: intense or passionate dislike.

It's definitely a strong one, and it seems to have been sparked all over the world since the Israeli and Gaza conflict. Not to mention, the Iraqui Christian conflict. The hate is spreading like wildfire and being demonstrated in various countries all over the globe, even in America.

I, myself, have been bombarded by the hate via Facebook. My daughter, No-No,has received Facebook messages from Hamas Supporters that they will find her and slit her throat and to 'die dirty Jew, die'. Mind you, she lives in the southern part of Israel where rockets have been consistently fired from Gaza over into Israel.

The Iron Dome intercepted two this week over the train station in Tel Aviv. My daughter described sudden panic as she and co-workers huddled underneath a stairwell as they watched an enemy rocket being intercepted before dropping on them.

Sorry, I got a little off track here. 

Anyway, the hate is being fueled by the casualties IDF happens to make when they defend their country. But what did Hamas expect? SNAKES!!!!

What were the Palestians thinking when they made a pact with this terrorist group? That there would be roses and tulips at the end of the rainbow? WAKE-UP DOROTHY!!!!

Hamas knew very well what they were doing. Make it look like Israel is at fault and get the entire world and the international community of Useless Numbskulls (UN) involved. Hey! It worked just like a computer virus. Hamas has deflected off on Israel very well by using the deaths of Palestinians. Massive deaths!!!!

And too, almost all world media is pointing their finger at Isreal as the ones at fault. Viruses are a bad thing. Look what the spread of Ebola is doing in Africa.

But then again, most of the news channels are owned by the Arab world. Therefore, intentional hate is being edited in and a lot of truth edited out. I know how it works. Here's an article that'll make your toes curl: www.whoownsthenews.com/

So this nasty, four letter word through Facebook, Twitter, and the media is fueling it all the more. Opinions have been hateful to say the least.

Okay. I'm done with my rant.

I celebrate:

* My daughter and her hubby and his family are still safe.

* The Iron Dome.

* My tomato harvest.

* And more to come.

* I re-typed Samah Ronit this week.

* Critiqued another critter's work and made more progress on Killer Stilettos.

* And Sir Poops keeps defying iminent death.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Happy Shabbats if you practice!

Hugs and chocolate!
Shelly

24 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! What terrible things to say to your daughter.
    Hey, anyone who doesn't realize the media is slanted is living in a dream world.
    Good to hear Sir Poops is hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The media is supposed to be unbiased...but they rarely are. Hamas is a poison. As long as they're involved, there will never be peace.

    Good for Sir Poops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannity is the only one who got it right last night. From Fox to CNN...I'm disgusted.

      Delete
  3. Oh My Goodness.
    I hope you know I keep you and your family in my heart everyday.
    And boy living where I do I know about slanted news !
    Big hugs, darlin' I stand with you.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of people need a little history lesson on America, Palestine, and Israel. I'll be posting on Facebook, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep your family in my thoughts, Shelly. I didn't realize you had loved ones in the middle of all that mess. Really sad to think human life isn't worth more than a Biblical grudge match. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hamas, in effect, is holding more than one civilian population hostage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately hate for others because of differences--whatever they are--is world wide. Hope things calm down...
    Chocolate Hugs to you and yours!
    Nice looking tomatoes! Do you fry the green ones? Yummmm... I miss a garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, in America, for the most part we're all able to agree to disagree. But things are changing here, too.

      Delete
  8. How awful for your daughter, and you!
    The whole world is in sad shape. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your daughter is still safe. Hatred is never good for anyone. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think with progress hate and world hunger would've ceased.

      Delete
  10. I'm standing right along with you, Arlee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it sad to see religion and hatred dividing people. Reminds me of Ireland in the 70-80s. Nothing is gained through violence. Congrats on your daughter's welfare, and SPAL, and your tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOODNESS. I can only imagine the worry you experience over your daughter. I enjoyed your rant and agree with the stuff I know.

    GO Sir Poops A lot. Defy death, you sweet soul as long as you feel lead to do so.

    Sounds like you've been productive--writing wise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank God that your daughter is safe! I want her to move! I don't even know her and I'm worried...I can't even imagine how you are dealing with all of this. God Bless you and your family...may He continue to keep you all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those tomatoes are small things. I hope your success with them brings pleasant things into your life. I also hope the trouble between Israel and Garza will soon end, and life will get better for everyone there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sadly HATE and prejudice has been going on since the beginning of time. It's just more focused now because of ALL the media outlets which is a curse because stories can and DO get so twisted! Years back it was the newspapers now it's EVERYWHERE and running rampant on the internet.....

    Take care, Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, Lexa, Michael, Yvonne, Sherry, Cybermom, Teresa,

    Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.