Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Friday, June 27, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things

It is the last Friday in June to Celebrate the Small Stuff with VikLit, over at Scribblings of an Inspiring Author.

I know I'm late posting, too. Usually, I write this post throughout the week. Today, I'm typing and posting from my IPhone. 

This week I celebrate the following:

* The lady named Ibrahim who was put into prison for being a Christian and marrying a Westerner. Her unborn child and her living one were all three thrown into an Islamic prison months ago for the above mentioned. She was set free at the beginning of this week.

* Not that I'm celebrating this ... But I had a vision or a dream about the 3 Israeli boys kidnapped by the Hamas a few weeks ago. God is with them like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednigo. Pray for these boys and their families. Their names are Eyal, Gilad, and Naftali.


* Tuesday, my daughters and I got a lot done for the new baby's arrival. But there is more to do.


* I'm thankful for the little bit of writing I've been able to fit in around my crazy schedule.

* And for all the great veggies my garden is keeping the Sweetman and I fed with.


 




 

I hope everyone has a happy weekend. Happy Shabbats if you practice!

I'll be around today and tomorrow and Sunday, too, playing catch up.

Hugs and chocolate!
Shelly

15 comments:

  1. Garden is looking good.
    Terrible that woman and her kids were thrown in prison. Glad she was released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had her on my prayer list along with the Iranian pastor who was put in prison.

      Delete
  2. That's interesting about your dream of the three kidnapped Israeli boys. Do you remember much about it, other than that God is with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I was praying for the boys and someone told the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednigo.

      Delete
  3. Dreams can he premonitions, Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely celebration! All those veggies, the writing, and the lady was set free. I do hope your dream does not turn out to be true. God is with all His children! <3

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    Caring for My Veteran
    Be Positive in Life and Writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting some writing done and the veggies look good. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I spend 15 minutes in the morning and the evening tending to it.

      Delete
  7. Hi Shelly,

    The hectic yet happy life, I would reckon. A bit of family bliss. That would be so nice. I remember trying a vegetable patch. Then the cats came along. Yours looks awesome.

    Have a peaceful weekend, Shelly.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gary:

      So far, it's not so peaceful. Have to run Sir Poops to the vet. He's not breathing right and his legs are wobbly.

      Delete
  8. What an awesome vision- Eyal, Gilad, Naftali with God like Daniel's friends!

    Ibrahim and her family were about to board a plane and all of them were taken into custody AGAIN. I hope it is true that they were rereleased and are now in the US. She is married to an American yet the current administration is more worried about the name of an NFL team and controlling the oceans than about the mistreatment of an Christian American and his wife and children.

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.